Here are some easy, inexpensive things you can do to stage a house that will improve your odds:
- Clean it up! Mow the lawn, power-wash the windows and decks, clean the carpets
- Get rid of clutter by boxing up knick knacks and donating or storing unwanted items
- Fix obvious eye-sores such as dings, scratches and other minor repairs
- Improve your curb appeal–look at your house from across the street and be objective
- Depersonalize the space by removing excess family photos and mementos
It goes without saying that you you should have an electronic memory keybox and be setup with CSS if available in your area. This will ensure that you capture every opportunity an agent is interested in showing your property by allowing them to easily fit your house into their showing schedule for the day. Click here to learn more about setting up showings for your house.
Don’t spend yourself into a hole doing elaborate renovations. Use common sense and tidy up your house so that a prospective buyer will be left with a positive impression after your showings.”